Sunday, November 29, 2009

the western bridle

this bridle is not a western. It's a regular bridle that doesn't have reins attached to it. This bridle is usually on young horses, because it doesn't have a bit and it's comfortable to the horse. I drew this picture.

Western bridles are unusual. Instead of the bit in the horse's mouth, the bit is attached to a different kind of thing that is placed in the horse's mouth. They can be used on any horse, but many people who ride western style put them on. This is a western bridle. (Below). I drew this picture so you could see what it looks like.

1 comment:

Papaw said...

Isabelle, your new blog is VERY interesting. I'm especially impressed by how good your art work is now. I printed the two horses and took them to Mimi so she could see them, too, and she liked them very much. She asked me to start a folder for your art work--but I already did that a long time ago! So I'll put them in your special folder for "Isabelle". Love, Papaw & Mimi