Monday, December 28, 2009

Kids and horses and ponies

Many horses are great with kids and so are ponies. I know that I should probably have a pony before I start learning how to take care of a full sized horse, but instead of trying to be safe, I want to have a horse first. I know a lot about horses and I think I could learn how to take care of one on my own. Anyway, in this post we are going to learn more about first starting to take care of horses and ponies. Okay, we begin. Ponies are great with kids, especially Shetland ponies. They are some of the best ponies because they are easy going and don't need as much space as a horse. They don't need nearly as much food or as much exercise either. This is because ponies are smaller and don't need to run around. They can have a small stable or sometimes if you have a medium sized backyard, they could even live there. Ponies usually eat grass and are smaller so they don't need to be fed nearly as much. Ponies don't get scared easily. Which is why children usually like riding them. They make great friends and companions. Horses are also very good and calm. They are bigger but are still great friends and are great with kids.

No comments: